1) Prepare your two cable ends according
to manufactures specifications, wipe them clean and prepare for connection
as earlier outlined in the Cable and Connector Application.
(2) Remove the three-piece sleeve from the pouch. Remove one inner sleeve
and position it on one of the two prepared cables. Slide the remaining
outer and inner sleeve, intact onto the other cable end. Position
these sleeves so as to allow enough room for connection.
(3) Install slice connector onto both cable.
(4) Slide the inner sleeve and the inner and outer sleeve (intact) back
along the both cables and butt the sleeve ends up to and against either
end of the splice connector.
(5) With a slight twisting and pushing motion, slide the outer
sleeve up and over the splice connector, and center it over the connector
so as to have equal amounts of shrink sleeve at both ends of the connector.
Properly installed, a small portion of the two inner sleeves (A) is visible
at opposite ends of the outer sleeve. If final adjustments of the two inner
sleeves are needed so as to remain butted to the splice connector end nuts
(B), then do so now. The installation in now complete.